Venue : Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai
November 8-10, 2018
The Conference seeks to provide a forum for exchange of ideas among scholars who are engaged in quality research in the areas of agriculture, household food security, diet diversity, reproductive, child health and nutrition outcomes. The central theme of the conference is to understand how India can end all forms of malnutrition by the year 2030 in line with Sustainable Development Goals. For more details :
The multidisciplinary conference will comprise of key note address, paper presentations and panel discussions. The synthesis of the findings of the SPANDAN research initiative on the linkages between agriculture, nutrition and health in India will be presented. We encourage submission of quantitative and qualitative studies from researchers and practitioners across various disciplines and fields : Agriculture, economics, nutrition, demography, law, sociology, public health etc. We invite contributions on one or more of the following themes:
1. Test the strength and relative importance of pathways from agriculture to nutrition
2. Quantitative studies based on one more rounds of National Sample Survey Organisation, District Level Household Survey and National Family Health Survey data sets
3. Cross country comparisons, including India using Demographic and Health Survey data sets
4. Quantitative and qualitative studies based on primary data
5. Role of judiciary in achieving nutrition security and ensuring food justice
6. Experience of tackling malnutrition in mission mode
7. Public finance for nutrition
8. Evaluation of specific policies and programmes including food security and related missions, impact of procurement policies, role of safety nets and welfare programmes
9. Role of civil society and community-based programmes in tackling malnutrition.
Last date for submission of extended abstracts of 2 to 4 pages. The extended abstracts should be detailed enough for the scientific committee to assess the potential of the paper. Kindly do not wait till the last date. The committee will be evaluating the submission on a rolling basis.
Papers can be submitted to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Authors are notified of papers accepted for presentation at the conference. In case of co-authored papers, the author submitting the abstract needs to identify the person who will present the paper. Deadline for submitting final draft of the papers
SPANDAN International Conference, at IGIDR Mumbai
Participants will be provided domestic round trip economy air fare by shortest distance, local travel and accomodation.
For more details : http://www.igidr.ac.in/seminars/httpwww-igidr-ac-intowards-improving-nutrition-outcomes-india-conference-organized-spandan-research-initiative-supported-grant-bill-melinda-gates-foundation/